PETCO Cat and Kitten Shampoo


There is only one four letter word for Rufus and that is B-A-T-H.

Nobody in this house is a fan of cat baths. But it had to be done. Rufus had a smelly behind.

Rufus knew something was amiss when we got home from the pet store. He tried running but Cat dad, in his thickest claw-proof sweatshirt, scooped him up. There was a bit of resistance but the whole thing lasted no more than five minutes.

The shampoo was great. It lathered up nicely and didn't have an overly strong fragrance. I didn't wash Rufus' head so I can't speak about its tear-free qualities. We picked this particular shampoo because it was for kittens and figured it would be a gentle formula. The shampoo cost around $9, which is not a bad price as I expect to use it for a while.


Here are the few pictures I took before I felt bad and made Rufus the biggest stinkiest pile of dinner.

Ashamed to be photographed in this state, Rufus attempts to hide his face.


He may not be a happy camper but he sure is clean!

Even though Rufus did not enjoy receiving the bath, you could tell he was very pleased with the results. Rufus' coat was so clean and soft! The bath did a super job of washing away much of his loose fur. He was strutting around the house displaying his perfect coat to everyone.

Rufie Rating
: Four Paws!


[FYI to those more timid about bathing their feline friends, Rufus thoroughly enjoys waterless baths a la Petkin Kitty Wipes!]

7 comments:

  1. You are very brave. My daughter and daughter in law both bath cats regularly! Mot me. I tried it once as a kid and never again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom don't even think about giving me a bath at my very advanced age. She says I don't clean myself so well anymore, but I sure don't care. I don't stink too bad, even if I do look a bit oily. If Mom wasn't afraid, she said she'd take me to a groomer and get me bathed. Even though I don't have many teeth left, I still have claws and she says she doesn't want to fight me. She plans to get me a brush to see if that helps.

    PS. I never did like baths, and I don't think I'd like one now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rufus....Madi went running for the corner when we read this. On top of being W E T which all kitties hate, you were held like a baby which M A D I hates. That is how Madi's Dad holds her for her pedicure. We can hear your moaning and the low pitched growl all the way in NC!!! BUT we also can get a wiff of a very fine smelling young man!!! We don't mean to be personal but are you having 'anal gland' problems? My sis's kitty has that problem.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rufus, you must clean your furs on your own so you don't have to endure such a nightmare!
    --JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Rufus, we feel for you buddy! We've never had a bath...and from the look on your face, we never want one!

    But at least you're clean now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will try to hide this post from Mom!
    ~ Malachi and Napoleon

    ReplyDelete