Wheatgrass, Please!

Rufus is an avid lover of GREENS! He's made it clear that he wants his greens by having his way with my plants.


This is my lucky plant with one ravaged leaf.


A close up of the ravaged leaf.


My poor orchid. Rufus has placed a tooth hole in each of its leaves!


Based on stuff I've read, no one really knows why cats like to eat leaves and plants. They are 100% carnivores and would be in big trouble if they didn't get their fill of MEATS! Some say greens help aid digestion and prevent furballs. I'm sure Rufus knows but he won't say!

So here it is day one of Project: Wheatgrass. The seeds have been planted in some organic dirt and watered. All we have to do now is sit back and wait.



Rufus can't wait for the delicious blades of grass to shoot up and out so he can begin the munching.

The best part about growing the grass is that it grows fairly quick. I've done this once before and I think this batch should be ready for a nibble in the next two weeks! And it'll last for a few weeks after that!

8 comments:

  1. How nice of you to grow some grass for Rufus. He is a lucky kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I love green stuff too, have you tried cucumber, it's yummy too and makes nice stuff in humans face, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom doesn't put the "real" green stuff in the house so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. I do drive her crazy when I lick plastic, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wheatgrass looks yummy!

    Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have good luck with this. In some climets, it attracts bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the wheatgrass will be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to meet you Rufus! I too love wheatgrass. Mine only gets bugs when mommy leaves it dead to long so no worries about that.

    I also of course love homegrown fresh nip. Mommy plants me 4 plants and lets me decimate them one at a time (so they have a chance to regrow in between).

    I hope you will come and visit me sometime! I like making new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We like wheatgrass, but what we really crave is lettuce!!! We aren't fond of iceberg, but we really like red leaf and romaine! Mommy is glad because she's not good at growing wheatgrass.

    P.S. We did not like the Wellness jerky treats either. Greenies rule!!!

    ReplyDelete