Flea Update

Well, Rufus doesn't seem to be itching much. But then again, he wasn't scratching himself more than usual when I first spotted the fleas.

I've administered some Frontline Plus. I also started rubbing a solution of apple cider vinegar and water on his fur, as close to his skin as possible. (A cheap and safe home remedy) I also bought a flea collar. I haven't put it on him but I placed it right where he sleeps.

So far so good, I haven't seen any other fleas and he's lounging out on the rug right now. :) It's good to know we aren't the only ones who have had this problem!

*Happy Labor Day everyone! :)

5 comments:

  1. If you have any carpet, try sprinkling a mixture of two thirds baking soda and one third salt(table salt). That should kill any fleas in the carpet.
    Sally Ann's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad it is not a bad flea problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are getting it handled very quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things are better! Our cats are inside cats and we have also gotten fleas before - I can always tell because they bite me too and I get itchy all over. Frontline worked really well for us and I'm hoping it does the same for Rufus. (We use a flea comb on the cats' fur to determine if there are still fleas around.) The first frost tends to get rid of all of them, but not sure when (or IF) that is where you live.

    ReplyDelete