FURminator deShedding Tool


The FURminator is such a blessing. The amount of fur I have extracted from Rufus' body is downright scary. It makes me wonder how Rufus could have any remaining fur on his body after a de-shedding session. It's designed to remove specifically the loose undercoat hair. And boy, does it remove that undercoat... I have handfuls of fur tumbleweeds when I do this! I can't imagine how much fur he would be ingesting if I didn't help him out.

On top of that, Rufus really, really loves it when I FURminate him. It's actually kind of sick how much he likes it. I imagine it must be the equivalent of a very good kitty back rub.

The FURminator comes in various sizes for different sized pets. The purple one is meant for cats. I have the blue one and I don't think there's much a difference aside from being a few half-inches wider or what not.

I've never tried any other de-shedding tool or brush and frankly, I'm not sure I ever will. Also, they have come out with a FURminator with a double edge. (Two times as much fur out of my life with the same effort as before!!) If this one goes, I am going to pick that baby up for sure. This is pricier than most other brushes, but you definitely get what you pay for.

Rufie Rating: Four Paws!

8 comments:

  1. We still don't have one yet. We did get a Zoom Groom and it is very cool! Still would like to get a furminator! Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just ordered a Furminator and it should be delivered this week! We can't wait to see what it does to our furs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it have blades in it? Mom wories it could cut me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We want to get one of these or a zoom groom - I'm using a wire slicker brush now, and it just doesn't do the trick (except on Franklin, who doesn't bother to groom himself very often!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rufus, thanks for the FURminator love, glad to hear you enjoy the FURminator and Mom can enjoy less time sweeping up hairy messes.

    Fin, nope, no blade. The edge is a row of stainless steel teeth that get down deep in your fur to remove all the loose undercoat – no cutting and no damage to the topcoat.
    – Laura for FURminator

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love ours too! Where does all of that fur come from?!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have the biggest Furminator (cheapo biped uses the doggie one on us) and we love it. When she gets it out it usually results in a big ruckos because us cats line up and fights start and then the dogs have to get in the mix demanding that THEY get defurminated first. Even shy Sheesh who lets no one touch her gets in the furminator line.

    ReplyDelete